May 20, 2018
I gave up writing in my blog 5 years ago but I have decided that now is the time to start it again.
A few months ago Duane and I were trying to decide if we should go on a mission. We had been thinking about it for some time but just couldn't decide if we were ready to take that step. With some encouragement from our Bishop we started the process. Fast forward a few months and here we are in the Colorado Fort Collins mission serving in Cheyenne, WY. Our former Stake President, Sean McMurray, and his wife, Kristin, is our mission president. We are excited to be working with them again. He and Sister McMurray are spiritual giants.
Preparing to leave our home for a year had its challenges but we managed to get it all done and on our way. (Well, we didn't get everything done but we decided it would still be there when we got back.) We left our home in the hands of our daughter, Michelle, and waved good-by to Tennessee. I have to admit it was sad to say good-by to our green hills, blue skies, family, and friends knowing we were going to a windy, dry, and brown world. At the same time we felt excited to have a new adventure. I have always loved the big open skies of Wyoming as we have driven through it over the years. Seeing hundreds and hundreds of stars at night has always thrilled me. I guess that makes up for leaving my green home behind.
Most of all I looked forward to feeling the spirit of a missionary and getting closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Those feeling came as we lived at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah for a week. I will admit that I had my challenges but by the time the week was over I gained knowledge, confidence, a better understanding of a missionaries life, and most of all, a deeper love for my Savior.
We had wonderful teachers who were all young return missionaries. They understood everything about being a missionary so they were able to lead us down the right path of knowledge and understanding. I was in awe of their ability to teach this old dog new tricks.
It was a wonderful week with wonderful people, all who were striving to learn all they could about how to teach others of the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior. I will cherish their friendship forever. I can't wait to hear of their adventures.
We are on week one after our time in the MTC and we aren't exactly sure what we are going to be doing but I'm glad we are here. I'm a little apprehensive but I'm ready to go to work. We will be working with the Young Single Adults in the Cheyenne and Cheyenne East Stakes. We have worked with the YSA's off and on for several years so we have grown to love this group of young people very much. My prayer is that we will have success in helping others come to a love of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I pray that they will understand just how important they are to our Heavenly Father and our Savior.
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment