Washing my hands in the clouds for Lily.
Beautiful Cherokee National Forest.
Walking on the Appalachia Trail. It felt like we were part of "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" in this forest. It really wasn't snowing-just looks like it.
Red Azealeas
Yellow Azeleas
Who is that cute couple?
The beaufitul Rododendron Gardens.My Dad grew up in Chinquapin, North Carolina not far from the Atlantic Ocean. When he was in elementary school-third grade I think-his teacher came to Roan Mountain, Tennessee. On top of Roan Mountain is a beautiful Rhododendron garden and lots of fog. When Dad's teacher went back home to her students she told them she went to Tenessee and washed her hands in the clouds. When my siblings and I were younger Dad made sure we went on top of Roan Mountain to wash our hands in the clouds. I wanted to pass along our tradition so I made sure that our children made it up to the mountain to do the same. Amy was telling Lily about this great adventure and now Lily wants to come to Grammy's house so she, too, can wash her hands in the clouds. Since it will be awhile before Lily will be back in Tennessee, Duane and I drove up last week to see the beautiful gardens and "wash our hands in the clouds" just for Lily. It was a great day. The gardens and the clouds were out in full force. The tempeture at home was 86 degrees but on top of the mountain it was 58 and the wind was blowing like crazy. I loved it!
We even went a step further and hiked on some of the Appalachian Trail, which is also on the Roan. We had a very pleasant surprise when we found some beautiful azaleas. We were tired from our adventure but so glad to once again witness the beauties of nature that Heavenly Father has given us in such great abundance.
The rest of the grandkids will be here next week. I wonder if they are up for some Henderson-Gold tradition. Anyone for washing their hands in the clouds?

5 comments:
I love you Faye. You are more beautiful that all the pictures put together!
I'll go! I would love to wash my hands in the clouds. What a nice way to enjoy Heavenly Fathers creations. Thank you for sharing.
I want to wash my hands in the clouds!
let's do it...lived here 6 years and have never been.
Wow, Faye. What a beautiful place. I want to wash my hands in the clouds, too!
Post a Comment