We saw many of them.
Dress up for dinner-no I haven't been drinkingbut there was sooo much food.
I gained ? pounds.
College Fjord. There were 18 glaciers there.
Beautiful Pink Salmon swimming up-stream.
Watching a Humpback Whale-the most exciting part of our trip.
Duane finally has someone to play hearts with.
Sea Lions
Lumberjack show in Ketchikan
Picture of beauty from the train ride we took.
The train ride.
Dress up for dinner-no I haven't been drinkingbut there was sooo much food.I gained ? pounds.
College Fjord. There were 18 glaciers there.
Beautiful Pink Salmon swimming up-stream.
Watching a Humpback Whale-the most exciting part of our trip.
Duane finally has someone to play hearts with.
Sea Lions
Lumberjack show in KetchikanSince my Mom's maiden name is Buchanan, I had to take a picture of this.
It had something to do with a boyscout adventure.
Picture of beauty from the train ride we took.
The train ride.Duane and I had a dream come true last week when we went on a cruise to Alaska-something we have wanted to do for years. With Duane's new retirement status and much encouragement from family and friends, we closed our eyes and jumped in with both feet. It was a wonderful trip with beautiful scenery, exciting marine life, and most of all, enjoyable family. Duane's three sisters and their spouses as well as a niece and nephew went along. It's not often that we get to see Duane's sisters so this was a very special treat. Unfortunately going on this trip just wet our appetites leaving us with a desire to see more. I don't know if we will ever get back there but our pictures will remind us of the wonderful memories we were able to make. (Sorry there are so many of them.)





6 comments:
Actually Faye I think you should have put way more pictures. Maybe someday I will do one..
How fun! I have two aunts that used to live in Alaska. They don't live there anymore (moved on to sunnier places like CA and St. George). It seems like such a great place! We never got to visit...too bad...
I agree, there aren't THAT many pictures. I would have loved to watch the whales, how fun! I'm glad you guys all had fun visiting with each other. We really will have to organize some kind of Gold family reunion--I haven't seen everyone in a long time.
Beautiful Beautiful photos!! I love them!! I'm so happy that you got the chance to go!! I want to see ALL the pics!!
Oh man, I hope we can all go together someday. Next time, we will get some on land tour guides. Maybe we can get some crazy Eskimo to take us out on a skif to the glacier??? Love the photos, and even though you did lots of fun stuff and had cool photos, the top one of you and Duane is my fav...even if you look like a bunch of hooligan tourists. I love you guys.
What beautiful pictures! What a marvelous trip. You know, LaRue has two sons that live in Alaska. And I would love to play Hearts with Duane any time. I love to play games!
Post a Comment