

Ali said I'm not blogging enough but I had a good excuse last week. I spend the entire week getting ready for my daughter Amy and granddaughter Lily to arrive here from South Korea. It was a busy week but I got a lot of Spring cleaning done. Logan arrives next week from BYU so I tried to get two bedrooms ready for the children coming home.
Amy and Lily's flight was scheduled to arrive Saturday night at 9:30. We have had to meet that flight many, many times and it is usually late because it is the last flight of the night from Atlanta and they always wait for all the scheduled passangers from other flights to arrive before they leave. Wouldn't you know it, this time the flight left two minutes early. After rushing through customs, getting their luggage, and running to their next gate they were told they missed the flight. That was pretty interesting since the plane was still sitting outside. They couldn't even find anyone to complain to. Thank you Atlantic Southeast-a Delta connection. I can tell you after a 13 hour flight from Korea the last thing you want is to NOT get home. We have NEVER known that flight to leave early. Amy was able to get on a flight to Knoxville where LeGrand and ALi would pick them up. Well, 20 minutes before they were suppose to board, the plane was delayed due to mechanical issues. A few minutes later it was delayed more, now leaving at 2:00 a.m.
While waiting for the Knoxville plane Amy made friends with a few people. A husband and his wife and then her sister were all waiting for the same plane. Amy was able to share her story about adopting Lily with them and they took an immediate loving to her and Lily. These wonderful people took care of Amy and Lily making sure they booked the Tri Cities flight the next morning and taking them to a hotel for the night. What angels they were to Amy helping her out since she was so tired and emotionally drained. Long story short, they spent the night in Atlanta then came home early Sunday morning. Fortunately our church doesn't start until 11:30 so they were able to go to Sacrament Meeting with us. Lily got really tired so they went home with Papa for some much needed rest. Bella, Sophia, and Abigail were able to go to the airport with us then Ali and LeGrand came on Sunday so we were able to spend the day all together. It was a wonderful day. Lily and the girls had a grand time getting to know each other and we loved watching them.
We have taken Lily shopping at Target, WalMart, Old Navy and Lowe's. She is loving the endless rows of toys and dolls. We are trying to keep her awake during the day so that she will sleep at night. Yesterday after visiting some stores we went to the playground at Warrior's Park and boy was she in heaven. Lily is use to having a playground right by her home and so she is a little lost without one. I'm sure we will be visiting this playground pretty often.
We have been having a grand time letting Lily get to know the American way. Amy's first request was to go eat at all the resturants that she has missed for the past 18 months. We visited Pals and Fazoli's so far. Tomorrow we will introduce Lily to DOLLYWOOD. I'm sure everything else we do will be quite boring after that.
We are glad the long awaited visit is finally here. We are grateful for all our prescious moments with our grandchildren, even the 5:45 a.m. wake-up call as Lily climbs into our bed and says, "Papa, I'm hungry." I'm gald he is her first choice.

2 comments:
I wish we were there to play. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Faye- I can't believe I came across your blog. I have been trying to hunt down Amy and get in touch with her and now I finally can. Hooray! Could you give me her contact info so I can email her or just give her mine? So excited that Lily has joined their family!
Christy (Hansen) Wilson
christywilson01@gmail.com
Post a Comment