
Yep! Last weekend I caught the uglies. Friday night I was feeling just fine but by Saturday morning-well, let's just say it wasn't pretty! I know I will receive plenty of sympathy from all the women because they have had this same disease-probably many times over. That's right, it is the "RAGING HORMONE" disease. It just came out of no where. I tried to work it out but I knew I was in trouble when I heard President Monson talk about the sweet spirit that had abounded in the afternoon session of General Conference. Uh oh. Did I miss something?
It didn't matter what Duane did over the weekend, it wasn't right. (Isn't it funny how our husbands can be in trouble and they not even know it. Go figure!) Michelle was working all day so she was saved from her mother's evil eye. However when I had to get up at 3 am on Sunday morning to use the potty and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom that she frequents, I sent the evil eye all the way down to her room in the bear's den. It didn't help either that I couldn't go back to sleep because Duane was snoring. I finally just got up and went to my favorite reclining chair and tried to sleep a little while longer. Needless to say, I was still not in the best of moods on Sunday considering my lack of sleep combined with that other thing.
Monday morning came and after some hard work around the house, I felt like I was almost over the worst part of my disease. Reading my scriptures and having my prayers seemed to go a long way as well. Hum, why didn't I think of that before? All of a sudden, Duane and Michelle became the perfect people that I have always known them to be-well almost perfect.
I have been doing this hormone thing for many years. I do have to admit that it doesn't happen as often now. Unfortunately some of the mood swings have been replaced with hot flashes, night sweats, memory loss....men really are the lucky ones sometimes, aren't they? I have to admit though that even with all of the above mentioned pains in a women's life, I wouldn't trade places with the men of the world. They can have their testosterone. I will keep my estrogen-or lack of it.

5 comments:
Love the honesty Faye...And, of course I LOVE the photo!
I had no idea you were even feeling bad...a blog is a great thing...I am glad that your M Pause moment has passed.
You are NEVER ugly to me.
Wow, that picture of you--doesn't look like you at all!
Well, David and my kids could sympathize with your family--I had a case of the "uglies" over the weekend too! It's amazing how our bodies can be "taken over" and are totally out of our control! Glad that you are feeling better. Have fun with Amy, Lily and Tyler! See you later, Marilyn
You just inspired my next blog!
Nice Photo Faye....you even look pretty with your uglies.
Did Duane cheer you up by taking a photo of you while you were having your moment?
Good post!
Good Grief Faye! Harmones are tricky. I think that is why I had breast cancer. I was taking estrogen. I will be interesting to see how it all works when we get in that big university in the sky. Hope you are feeling better.
Faye, I remember how you used to get soooooo weepy! Glad you were able to put the "Uglies" to rest, cause ugly you ain't! I feel a bit sensitive at times, even to the point of wanting to yell at someone, or cry a little, but I usually catch on to what is making me feel that way, so I buy ice cream or chocolate. It always helps.
Post a Comment