I'm a little behind but here are a couple of pictures of Duane and me when we went to Gatlinburg for our anniversary in June. We went to this neat cabin that sat in the middle of the forest not far from the Great Smoky Mountains. I can't wait to go back when it's cooler so we can sit on the porch and enjoy the fall leaves.
We celebrated 34 years this year and it has been a super 34 years. We have been very blessed with a wonderful marriage and seven (almost eight) children. No, I'm not pregnant but I consider the spouses of my children as much mine as my own birth children. Almost eight will probably happen next spring when Logan and Jill are married. My married children have blessed my life in many ways and I am very grateful for each of them. We especially appreciate our grandchildren and the love and laughter they bring into our lives.
Of course my biggest blessing is Duane. He is my rock. I am so grateful for him. With so much turmoil in the world, it's wonderful to have a husband who is grounded and makes my world secure. He lives, loves, and laughs with me and will do so for an eternity. I am blessed!!

5 comments:
Yes Faye, You are very blessed! I consider myself blessed by knowing you and your family. Many people just don't know what they have until they are without it. I have enjoyed watching your family grow in the 9 years that I have known you. Congrats on 34 years!
Faye,
It was so good to see you this summer. You have a beautiful family, beautiful spirit, and beautiful life.
I need to bring you up to speed on Brent and LaRue. Brent has a large malignant mass in his colon and it has spread into his liver. I'm afraid the prognosis is grim.
That does explain why he has not been healing from his hip surgery.
Sitting on a porch is great. . .I can't wait to have house with a porch to sit on. . .or a cabin to go to with a porch. Jarrett and I hit our 10 year mark this Aug!!
Faye you're keeping me up late reading your blog.
Congrats on 34 years. I really have no idea how many years my parents have been married.
What a great anniversary! Contragulations. I was just thinking about you and Duane and how my mom knew his realtives. What a small world it is, and who would ever have imagined that you would marry someone to whom we had that kind of connection? Amazing. It is such a small world in the church. So glad you have had so much happiness in your life.
Post a Comment