Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas at Dollywood

Josep, Mary and the angel. You should hear them sing

Michelle found a new friend.
We braved the cold and rain.

Michelle and I got to do one of our favorite things yesterday. We went to DOLLYWOOD!!! I love Dollywood at Christmas time. It was her only day off so we had to go. Unfortunately it rained almost the whole time we were there but we didn't let that dampen our spirits. We saw the Polar Express in 3-D, listened to good ole gospel music, watched Babes in Toyland on stage, danced with the music from the Carol of the Trees, and best of all heard our favorite stories in "Christmas in the Smokies." In that particular show they do a most amazing song about the coming birth of Christ. I loved it.
You can't go to Dollywood and not eat so we visited Red's Diner and had a good ole fashioned hamburger. We followed that up with some hot chocolate for Michelle and a hot fudge sundae for me. Yum, yum!!
There are four million Christmas lights up at the park. It is so beautiful. We felt like we were walking in an enchanted forest. What a great way to get into the spirit of Christmas.
Anytime you want to visit Dollywood just give me a call. I'll be right there with you!!!

6 comments:

sherry said...

I'll be there. I didn't know Dollywood did all this for Christmas

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

I LOVE DOLLYWOOD. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'LL MAKE IT THERE FOR CHRISTMAS....AND THE BILTMORE TOO.

(I CAN DREAM RIGHT?)

Jennie said...

I've never been to Dollywood. Can you believe it? I love your stories that you've posted on my blog, by the way.

Amy Niebuhr said...

Lily was a little sad to see that you went to Dollywood. She asked when we were going to go!!

Jennie said...

Here's the link for the park we went to. I don't think there are carriage rides anymore, but you can walk through the park.
http://www.knoxcounty.org/parks/current_news/holiday_festival_lights.php

Grammy said...

Sounds like an amazing place! Wish I could just hop on a plane and go with you... Remember how we used to love going to temple square to see the lights? We'd hop in your little ole blue car and buzz on down to the square. I remember going caroling with you, too.