We did have a wonderful Christmas but there were several in the family that had to suffer a bit during the holidays. The Saturday before Christmas I spent a couple of days with my Mom who wasn't feeling very well but recuperated enough to enjoy Christmas with family. Ali and LeGrand's girls were sick for several days so I went to Knoxville a couple of days before Christmas to see what I could do there to help. We drove to Florida on Thursday, Christmas Day, to spend time with Jordan and family as well as LeGrand and family. Unfortunately Jordan developed a kidney stone the next morning and spent the next few days feeling lousy. (We still enjoyed the beach, though.) He had his baby stone on Sunday so he got back to normal before we had to leave. We got back home on New Year's Eve only to rest a few hours before we had to take Mom back to the hospital. She has pneumonia but is recuperating well. We hope she will get to come home by Wednesday. She is 88 now so her little body doesn't jump back like it use to.
Hopefully we will get back to normal in a few days. I will post another blog as soon as I get back home for a few hours. In spite of all the illness and no sleep, I still feel extremely grateful for all my blessings. I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I feel bad about all your sick people. Let us know about your cute mom. I hope she will feel well soon.
Sounds yucky. But at least you got to be "motherly" right?
Yikes! Atleast you were able to see everyone. ???? And with them being sick and all, it sounds like you were able to nurse everyone back to health. There is NOTHING like having your mom near by when you are sick. Mom's always know how to make you feel better, and fast.
Keep taking your Vitamin C...and drink lots of fluid. We don't want you getting sick.
-love ya
Faye,
It was great to get your Christmas letter! Hope y'all are feeling better!
Joy
Post a Comment