Have you ever had one of those moments of deja vu that just made chills run up and down your spine? I'm having one tonight.
Michelle went to a Young Single Adult activity tonight and she called when she was almost home to say she was having car trouble and didn't want to drive the rest of the way home. I told her I would come get her because Dad was asleep but when I stepped outside the steps and sidewalk were pure ice. It started raining earlier and as the temperatures dropped, ice formed. Now you have to understand that when Eastern Tennessee has an ice storm, NOTHING and I mean NOTHING moves. I had to wake Duane up from his slumber to save the day. He was able to leave the house OK but getting back home has been an ordeal. I called some friends who live close to where Michelle was stuck and who have a four wheel drive and asked them if they could go save Michelle. (THANK YOU MYRANDA AND BRIAN.) At this writing at 1:45 am I am still waiting for Duane to get back home. Cars are totally stopped on the road close to our house so I'm sure he will not get all the way home any time soon. Needless to say, our prayers have been sent heavenward. I am so glad Michelle stopped when she did or she could have had some serious problems as the road she was traveling on is not one you want to be on in a storm like this.
Now for the deja vu part. Exactly 27 years ago TO THE DAY, we had the very same situation except that time, I was 9 1/2 months pregnant with Jordan. Yes 9 1/2 months!!! Duane was coming home from work but couldn't make it in his car. Fortunately our neighbors drove by, saw him, picked him up, and safely delivered him home. Thank goodness I didn't do any delivering that night or we would have had a home delivery. That would have been quite the feat since Jordan weighed in at 12 pounds and 4 ounces and was almost 24 inches long. No, I'm not kidding and no he was not delivered by cesarean. He came exactly a week later on January 25. Ironically enough, that is Duane's birthday as well. I told him that he would NEVER get a birthday present as big as the one I gave him that year. It's just crazy that we are having the same weather experience as we did 27 years ago.
Well, it's 2:00 and the saga is over. The man made it home. He couldn't get down our street so he just parked at the neighbors house and walked. My prayers were sure answered tonight, especially with the help of some angels.
I am tired so I am off to bed. This night is another one we will not forget any time soon. I just hope I don't dream I'm in labor!!!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm gald that everyone made it home--at at least somewhere safe last night! Enjoy your Sabbath. How were your dreams?
Oh Faye if I knew you where going to be up all night we could have kept talking on facebook..hahaha
Oh I hope your dreams where good too. Take a big Sunday nap.
I'm so glad that we are on different times. It was fun talking to you during your saga!! I wish I was there to have been awake during all the fun. I told Tyler how we would always watch the cars slide off the road right there on 75. It was always so much fun to help those dumb drivers who thought they could still drive on ice. They were probably from UTAH!!!!
Hey?!? Not all Utahns are Utahrds! Matt told me about this when he got home today (Yes, he and bishop both drove in the ice, but I'm not saying anything about their mental capacity). He left out the deja vu part. CRAZY!
Ha, you know what I think of first, What the heck is Global Warming!!?? It's totally made up, that is what it is. Why if the Earth is getting hotter are you still experiencing the same conditions you had 27 years ago. Ha, so much for that Theory!!! Oh, and also, thanks for having me mom, love ya!!!
Post a Comment