Sunday, December 7, 2008

Home From Korea

It was really cold walking Lily to school with baby Cade.

I look sleepy but those two don't.

Just one little game of fish to start the day.

The best part of all-an eternal family at the temple.

After 18 days away from home, we are finally back from Korea. We had a wonderful trip with many adventures. Our favorite was spending time with Amy, Tyler, Lily, and Cade and going to the temple with them to have Cade sealed. It was fun to finally see little Cade (who ain't so little) up close and personal. Cade is definitely at the stage where he likes his mom the best but I got my share of hugs and kisses and changing dirty diapers. There were a few mornings that I was woken up with little kisses from Lily-"Grammy, will you play with me." Papa got in on the early morning duty as well. Amy teaches Early Morning Seminary and most mornings Tyler had to leave early for work so between Papa and me, we fed the baby, changed a few diapers, played a game or two, and walked Lily to school. There was never a dull moment. We are so happy we got to see our family on the other side of the world especially at this time of year when our "mother hearts" ache to be with all our children. I guess I have my Korean fix for a few more months. Now it's on to Knoxville and Panama City for those Grammy fixes. I wonder if I can squeeze another Utah trip in. Somehow I don't think Duane will go for that one since we were just there in September. Oh well, I can dream.

4 comments:

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

Faye,
It makes my heart feel so good that you were there with amy and tyler when they went back to the temple with their little family. You are such a good mom....and Grandma too.

Glad that you all made it back.

Jennie said...

What a sweet little family. It is hard to be away from family, isn't it?

sherry said...

I am so glad you could spend so much time back there. I wish I was there too. Maybe, before they leave. Glad you home and safe.

Grammy said...

Sounds like you had a perfect trip to Korea. Nothing beats being with the grandbabies, no matter where they are. Hope you have a beautiful Christmas season!