
This is Mary. Her mom is my visiting teacher. Last month when her mom came to visit me, Mary came with her. As they were leaving Mary said, "Mom, when Sister Gold gets old, can we come live with her?" Ripples of laughter were enjoyed by Mary's mom and me but I also felt honored that she would WANT to live with me. Well, my visiting teacher came back again today and Mary came with her. She had been sad all day over different things so she was excited to come to my house. She loves to eat yogurt and I always have some for her. Today while she was eating her yogurt she said, "Mom, when Sister Gold dies, can we come live in her house?" Oh, out of the mouth of babes. Yes, Mary, you can live in my house whether I'm alive or dead.
Mary's mom thanked me for making Mary happy today. However, I think it was the other way around. Thank you Mary for making me happy and for helping me remember why I love little children.

4 comments:
Faye, when we both get old can we live together. Even if it is in a home were they only feed you yogurt because we can't eat anything else. Have fun on your trip. Give lots of hug and kisses for me.
LaRue, Janet and I have talked about living together when we are all old widows. We could be greeters at WalMart and have so much fun! "Welcome to WalMart, Honey!" "Wanna smiley face sticker?" Ha!
Can I come live with you too?
Faye,
It's Kellie (Kocher) Hayes. I wanted to "follow" your blog..but..being new to this don't know how. So...if you get a lot of weird things....sorry...
I love reading your blog! So awesome!!
Post a Comment