Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Udderly Delightful"


I hope there is ice cream in heaven and I hope it's Mayfield because eating their ice cream is like being in heaven. (I know, Ali, you feel the same way about that other ice cream.)

Duane and I were traveling home from Atlanta last week and stopped in Athens, Tennessee where Mayfield ice cream is made. We took a tour through their plant then enjoyed a scoop of their peanut butter fudge. What a way to end our trip. You won't find this ice cream anywhere but the south. I'm so sorry that the rest of you can't taste it. I guess you will just have to make a trip to Tennessee to judge for yourself. Since you aren't here, I'll just eat some for you!

4 comments:

sherry said...

It should be good ice cream...That is one big cow. I want Burnt Almond Fudge...

Amy Niebuhr said...

Did you buy the cow?? I think it would look good in your back yard. I miss Mayfield. I haven't had ice cream in a while. This makes me want to have some for breakfast!!

Kay said...

When I saw that giant cow, the first thing I thought about was ice cream, Rocky Road ice cream!

Grammy said...

Ice cream is truly the dessert of the gods. I love it! I would like to have some coffee flavored with heath bars in it (from Coldstone!) It is truly divine!