I got nervous when we came upon this sign.
"Just look straight ahead, Faye, don't look down!"
We couldn't believe this house that was built off that narrow road.

We found them!


The beauty of the Great Smokie Mountains.

Christmas before last we were driving through the Smoky Mountains to take the grandgirls on a Polar Express train ride when we happened upon a field of Elk that had been introduced into the park a few years ago. We were totally captivated by them since they are a rare scene in our area. Duane and I have talked about trying to find them again so last week we took the plunge. Even though they have 423,ooo acres to roam around in the Great Smoky Mountains, they mostly stay in an area called Cataloochee. (I'm glad we didn't have to travel over the 423,000 acres to find them.) We weren't quite sure what to expect but it turned out to be a beautiful and adventurous drive. I kept wishing we had Cheryl Kiss with us so she could take better pictures but these will give you an idea of what we found. Hopefully we will go again and take Cheryl with us to capture the mommies with their babies if they have had them by then. You can come too. Get your tent ready though, because next time we are going to spend the night in the beautiful Smokies and hope the bears are still in hibernation!!

3 comments:
Oh Faye! Your photos are great! I think my all time favorite shooting is wildlife!! I caught a chipmunk saturday morning with a dishtowel....ran in the house to show Randy before I photographed it...and it got lose!! It is in my house somewhere now! Needless to say..Randy wasn't very thrilled about me being like a 5 year old when it comes to a chipmunk!! Ha!
I remember driving through the smokies. Best drive ever. I have a tent so I am ready.
How I love the Smoky Mountains! Beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment