



As of last Tuesday, April 7, 2009, and after 43 years at Eastman use-to-be-Kodak-now-Chemical Company, Duane is officially retired. With all the cuts our nation is experiencing, Eastman has joined the ranks of deleting jobs and Duane's job was one of them. It's a new beginning but we feel secure and peaceful with this new phase of our lives. I kind of like (OK, love) having the old boy around.
Ironically enough, I had a mammogram the same day as his announcement so we have marked this date on our calendar and given April 7 the official title of "THE BIG SQUEEZE DAY!!!" (Sorry, no pictures of that available-thank goodness!)
Thank you, dear husband of mine, for providing for our family over these last 43 years and for many years to come. You have used the talents Heavenly Father has given you unselfishly and without question.
Now just because you are retired, don't think you are off the hook. My honey-do-list is ready and waiting. I love you!!

7 comments:
I thought you eliminated the whole big squeeze...glad you got it in there.
We love Duane and hope he finds joy in working for his new boss full-time...that honey do list never ends.
Congrats to both of you. If I were there I would give you both a big squeeze!!!
Wow! It's hard to believe you are at that "phase" now. It sounds so nice. You know the Lord is going to keep the two of you pretty busy too, you might have to take turns with the honey-do-lists. :) Enjoy yourselves!
Hi Aunt Faye,
Found your blog through Catherine's. Hope you don't mind me adding it to my blog list. Wow, that would be such a life change for you guys. You take advantage of your hubby's free time and enjoy it:). Good luck figuring out your next step. . .
Kim
Hey change is good. especially after so many years of doing the same thing, or be told to do this and that... now you can be your own boss.. otta be kind of nice. If you have a hard time just let the grandkids be the boss..
When I told Tyler about dad's new job, we talked about the new phase of life that you are in. I told him how I can't believe you are at this point in life. We had a miscommunication and he thought I was talking about death!! You are closer, but not that close!! Please stay around for a while!! Love ya!!
Wow - what a change. Rod was notified that his office will be closing as of May 29th. Everyone is laid off. He will actually be "bridged" at another office until mid January when he will officially be retired. That will give him 30 years. We are not ready for that yet, so he will be looking for a "second career." We still have teenagers at home, for cryin' out loud! I loved your post. You are so clever (the big squeeze!).
Post a Comment