Monday, August 29, 2011

The World of Texting







Today I sent a text to Michelle asking her what her plans for dinner were. While I was waiting for her reply-which was taking awhile- I received a text from my sister that said, "...going to the church then home to FHE with Meg and kids." Her text made no sense so I figured she accidentally sent it to me. I wrote back and said, "Did you mean to send this text to me?" A minute later she called me on the phone and said, "I thought I better just call you and talk voice to voice instead of texting" indicating there was a problem somewhere--which there was. I said, "Well did you send me your text by accident because I don't know what you are talking about." She said, "Didn't you send me a text asking me what my dinner plans were." I started laughing so hard I could hardly talk but I was finally able to say, "No wonder Michelle didn't answer my text!!" We both laughed until we cried. I guess we better be careful who we MEAN to send our texts to. We could get into a lot of trouble. As for me and my sister, I think we will just go back to the good ole fashioned 'pick up the phone and call each other' kind of communication.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can just imagine both of you in my mind. :) He he.

Angel said...

This has happened to me before. Embarrassing! Always love to hear you and Mom laugh ... it's very contagious. Love you!

Kay said...

I'll go for the old fashioned pick up the phone any day. I'm laughing with you!

Anonymous said...

Kyle did this when we were dating! We had just started going out on dates, and after one I got a text from him that said "I really think she's not that into me." It turns out that he had meant to text his sister! I replied and told him I had had a lot of fun on our date. He called me immediately and apologized profusely. It was hilarious. Obviously, it all worked out in the end and I got a great story out of it.

--Eliza