turn around and she's four,
turn around and she's a young girl
going out of the door."
Watch those pigtails!!!!
Dad insisted on using some of those trick candles that wouldn't blow out.Today we celebrated Michelle's 24th birthday which brings all celebrations to a close for a few months. Actually we have been celebrating all weekend with a trip to Nashville to see her friend, Marjorie, who shares the same birthday. Tonight some of the Young Single Adults came over and helped us celebrate.
It's hard to believe that Michelle is 24. We were discussing her birth on the way home from church and I told her she was the easiest of the five children to birth and the smallest weighing in at 8 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long. I can still see her as a little girl with her blond, blond hair, and beautiful blue eyes. Here she is at 24 and she still has her blue eyes and blond hair (And it is all hers. No help from Miss Clairol!!) What a joy she has been in our lives. We love you, Michelle.
It has been a great weekend with our trip to Nashville for Michelle's birthday and a trip to the temple. Now I'm ready to go to bed so I can face the week ahead of me. Tomorrow is preparation day for gallbladder surgery. I'm not to excited about that but at least I will have a good excuse to sleep for a day or two. (I think I would rather find a different way to catch up on my sleep.) Good night.


9 comments:
For real!!! Where does the time go. I was asked to help in Primary today by showing a baby picture of Carson and explaining how I was his Dad on earth, and Heavenly father is his Dad in Heaven. I just started at the picture thinking about the three years, and where in the world have they gone!?
Happy Birthday Michelle.
Thanks for being born =)
I wish I could go back to being 24 =) good times.
I sure do miss coming over sunday nights for those YSA dinners.
Darling girl. Good luck with the gallbladder. Don't you just love growing old?
I remember how beautiful Michelle was as a baby and little girl too. Where does the time go? I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, hope all goes well with your surgery.
Your having surgery....Good luck Faye wish I was there to take a nap with you..Happy Birthday Michelle. You have grown up so well.
Happy Birthday to Michelle! I really enjoy having her in my Gospel Doctrine class. What I love most is that when she is asked a tough question, she takes a moment for thought and when she answers I know that it is coming from her heart.
Good luck Faye with your surgery!! Call on me if you need anything at all. I remember when I was so sick with Kidney stones...so wiped out...my best friend came into my room...sat on the bed and just starting reading my most favorite children's book to me..."Suzy Squirrel" I cried and she did as well. I think it is at the top of the list of one of the nicest things someone has done for me...so if you want me to come read to you..CALL ME! Love you Faye!
Sweet Michelle. We sure miss her in Young Women. Good luck with your surgery (Rhonda Farr just did that one, too)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!! I remember when you brought her home. Crazy uh? I can't believe she's 24. I'm glad you had a good time in Nashville.
I hope you have a good day tomorrow with your surgery. I sure wish I was there to help you recover. If you need me, I'm sure we can gang up on Tyler and get him to let me fly home!! You just let me know the MINUTE you need me!!!
I love that she is named "Alice" Michelle - just like you are "Alice" Faye. That is way cool! Hope your surgery went well. I will be waiting for a post to see. Sending love and good wishes to you. I was totally thinking of you last week and wondered if you remembered the "chad" you used to bring home from your keyboarding job. The copy man used that term when he was fixing our copy machine at school and it just made me think of you! We used to love that stuff, but it sure was messy.
We had a special YW and moms fireside to night with sister cook of the general YW presidency. She asked us to think of virtuous women in our life. I thought of you. Thanks, Faye, for being such a tremendous example to me. You are such an amazing woman and I dearly love you.
Post a Comment